||School Bus Driver Brampton 98744|
||First Student Canada|
School Bus Drivers Needed in Many Locations
FREE TRAINING RIGHT NOW FOR the 2012 SCHOOL YEAR
The sooner you start, the better choice of routes you will have.
Professional experience is not necessarily required as we are most interested in hiring dependable, caring people, who like dealing with the public and helping children, who are truly committed to SAFETY and who understand the importance of following the rules. Most openings are for full size school buses, but some locations also have smaller school buses & vans. Some also have openings for wheel-chair school purposes vehicles and wheel-chair / smaller vehicle opportunities. Vehicles are all automatic.
Our company is now providing free, friendly training for steady part-time school bus drivers (and in some cases, back-up and or spare drivers). It’s not too difficult, and it’s not too easy, but we do a lot to make it as easy as possible for you.
Hours of Work:
- Approximately 7:00AM to 9:00AM and 3:00PM to 5:00PM, Monday to Friday (September to June) on school days only (exact times vary depending on school times and individual routes).
- In most cases there is potential for optional/additional kindergarten or 'noon' routes and/or field & charter trips during the school year and the summer. Our school bus drivers are not required to work on weekends, evenings or school holidays. While additional work may be available, it is not mandatory.
- Safely drive students to and from school, following a prescribed route, on a daily basis during the school year.
- Perform daily vehicle circle check safety inspections, documenting & reporting according to company, school & government regulations.
- Comply with all company & government regulations, laws & policies.
- Communicate clearly and interact with parents, school employees, passengers, co-workers & the general public in a courteous, professional manner as required.
Rate of Pay:
- Must meet the minimum age requirements to hold a school bus driver’s licence in your province (varies by province).
- Professional experience may be helpful but is not required, as completely free, friendly, professional training is provided.
- Must be willing & able to successfully complete our training program.
- Must have at least three years of driving experience, with at least one year in North America.
- Must hold a valid (non-probationary) driver's licence for the province you are applying in.
- Must enjoy driving and working with children.
- Must possess a very good driving record.
- Must communicate clearly in English or French (depending on area and school district requirements).
- Must undergo & pass Ministry prescribed Medical examination.
- Must undergo drug testing, criminal record search, vulnerable sector clearance and other background checks with satisfactory results.
- No criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
- Experience working with children & the public is helpful.
- Must be safety-minded, courteous, and able to demonstrate an appreciation for the importance of customer service.
- If you enjoy driving & working with children, this could be the perfect, secure, part-time job for you. This is a chance to make a difference in a child’s life, and maybe your own as well.
Varies by location, length of route & vehicle type, but is usually favourable when compared to other part-time pay rates.
In some locations (if not prohibited by school district regulations) you can bring your pre-schooler with you on the route.
Keywords: Bus Driver, Bus Drivers, School Bus, Buses, Coach Driver, Motor Coach, Public Transit, Public Transportation, Ontario, ON, Toronto, Mississauga, Peel Region, Etobicoke, Vaughan, Concord, Woodbridge, Caledon, Orangeville, Georgetown, Guelph, Halton Hills