|>> Return to Job Search|
Purchaser Toronto 96021
||Purchaser Toronto 96021|
Contribute to commodity supplier selection and management within the electronic manufacturing process and to maximize efficiency and value of the supply chain and procurement operations with vendors, equipment and inventory.
Duties and job requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Manage activities related to the scheduled procurement of material, mechanical and/or electronic parts and components and equipment
- Assist with the development of procurement strategies to provide logistics in the most efficient and effective manner
- Identify, select and monitor suppliers in accordance with company policy
- Assess supplier performance and initiate continuous improvements including strategic vendor sourcing for increased quality, faster services and more cost effective service
- Monitor purchase orders for accurate ERP transactions and ensures material is received on time to support production requirements
- Manage past due purchase orders and related issues
- Evaluate inventory levels, initiate improvement actions where necessary and convert forecasted inventory requirements to purchase orders to meet actual and anticipated demands
- Manage “critical parts” and “life-time” purchase items to ensure material is available to support production needs
- Respond to Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) as they pertain to procurement and assigned purchased commodities
- Manage Material Rejects and Returns (MRR)
- Work in accordance with all legislated requirements to ensure employee safety, health and wellness.
- Undergraduate Degree or Diploma, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certification in supply chain logistics or inventory management (CPM) preferred
- Minimum of 5 years relevant purchasing experience; preferably within the electronic manufacturing industry
- Significant experience with logistics, negotiation and inventory control
- Experience with an MRP system; with Syteline experience preferred.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Experience with process documentation, metric development and knowledge of quality procedures
- Lean Six Sigma, 5S or ISO 9001 experience would be an asset.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications
- This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check
We off a competitive salary and benefits.
Please note this job is located in Calgary, AB
While we thank all applicants for their interest in this position; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary expectations today!
Keywords: Purchaser, Purchasing, Buyer, Buying, Procurement, Procurer, Ontario, ON, York, Etobicoke, Scarborough, North York, Mississauga, Brampton, Woodbridge, Oakville, Milton, Concord, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Markham, Pickering, Ajax, Oshawa, Newmarket, Georgetown, Hamilton, Burlington, GTA
INOVA - View All Jobs From INOVA
About the Company
INOVA aspires to become THE land seismic technology company by developing and manufacturing reliable seismic instruments that enable geophysical service providers to efficiently design and execute complex seismic acquisition programs on behalf of their energy and production customers around the world. INOVA’s technical professionals focus on innovation in land seismic product development to ensure our products remain on the cutting-edge of innovation, guided by the practical reality of what contractors require to reliably execute complex seismic programs in the most difficult operating environments.
INOVA manufactures and markets three major product lines:
- Land acquisition systems, including the ARIES, FireFly, G3i and Hawk recording platforms;
- Land source products, including the AHV-IV series and XVib vibroseis vehicles, and Pelton source controllers;
- Multicomponent sensors, including the ground-breaking VectorSeis digital 3C receiver.
INOVA is committed to offer ‘Best in Class’ customer satisfaction. Through a global network of training, repair, and customer support centers, INOVA field service engineers are located in key petroleum centers close to their customers. These field support teams are available and willing to go anywhere, anytime to ensure that INOVA’s customers are able to complete their acquisition programs. Working shoulder-to-shoulder with their customers, INOVA’s field support teams are united by a common call to action: Together, We Get the Job Done.