||Assistant Manager - Bus Operations Markham 94850|
||First Student Canada|
PURPOSE: Oversee and co-ordinate day-to-day aspects of the Student transportation operation. Plan, organize and co-ordinate the branch’s daily operations in order to achieve the highest standard of customer service and employee satisfaction. Work closely with the Location Manager and staff to ensure superior level of service is delivered to both internal and external customers. Provide effective coaching to employees and assist in their personal development.
EDUCATION: College or University degree preferred. Courses in management, accounting and human resources would be an asset. Appropriate vehicle licences required.
- Oversees daily branch operations. Assists in supervising drivers, office personnel, and maintenance personnel with regard to operating procedures
- Promotes the highest standard of quality service to employees through teaching, coaching, training, counseling and leading by personal example
- Liaises with board transportation officers and manager
- Supervises vehicle and route assignment in accordance with branch practices
- Ensures vehicle maintenance programs are completed in a cost efficient, timely manner
- Assists Location Manager in implementing new company programs or policies, with the aim of ensuring buy-in and an effective change process for employees
- Provides input and assists Location Manager on manpower, developmental and training issues
- Chairs Health & Safety Committee
- Supervises and assists dispatch to ensure routes run on schedule and drivers’ concerns and problems are resolved
- Coordinates and monitors specific daily route management needs for local school boards, as well as pre-startup route planning
- Assists in budget preparation
- Interviews and hires driver applicants
- Accident and WSIB investigation, including all related reports
- Month end reporting, including fuel reconciliation, payroll and A/P accruals
- Administers permit process for all park out locations and takes ownership of park-out list
- Administers the outside fueling function via station cards and the FuelCard Team
- Supervises and completes additional projects as assigned
WORKING CONDITIONS: Branch / office environment. Travel to customers / prospects.
- A minimum of 1-3 years management experience or completion of management training program, in a bus operations environment
- Supervisory experience, financial skills and strong customer relations skills
- Sound knowledge of safety policies, procedures and practices
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office and E-mail
- Sound knowledge of branch working practices
- Sound knowledge of the Highway Traffic Act, Municipal by-laws, and CVOR requirements
- Basic knowledge of vehicle or equipment maintenance for the purposes of trouble shooting and identifying problems
Please apply today.
Only Successful Candidates Will Be Contacted
Keywords: Operations Manager, Operations Mangement, Office Manager, Office Management, Assitant Manager, Management Trainee, Accounting Manager, Accountant, Human Resourses, HR, Customer Service Manager, Ontario, ON, York, Etobicoke, Scarborough, North York, Mississauga, Brampton, Woodbridge, Oakville, Milton, Concord, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Markham, Pickering, Ajax, Oshawa, Newmarket, Georgetown, Hamilton, Burlington, GTA