||LAN / WAN System Administrator Mississauga 92928|
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, a medium size financial company is looking to fill a System Administrator position with a candidate who is organized and enthusiastic. The individual who fills this position must be able to work independently and as a team player. The System Administrator should have the ability to demonstrate initiative and creativity with a practical approach.
This job opportunity is available immediately.
Scope or Impact:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Performs maintenance of LAN and WAN, Servers and Desktops, phone system and VoIP, cabling infrastructure, software systems: system monitoring and managing, databases, CRM, accounting software.
- Day to day operations support and system administration tasks, creating reports, develop IT infrastructure. Software systems support: managing and update system patches, implement hot fixes as required; user education.
- Protects the company’s computer systems and data from internal and external threats and attacks.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, diagrams and procedures for the designated technology areas.
The qualified candidate must have at least three years hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge of:
- Servers: Windows 2003, 2008 Server (Active Directory, Group Policy)
- Desktops: Windows XP, Windows 7
- CentOS Linux, SCO Unix
- Databases: MS Access, MS SQL 2000/2005/2008: administering and programming stored procedures
- Deep knowledge of CRM: Maximizer v10, 11.
- Network protocols:
- TCP/IP; DNS, DHCP, SMTP, FTP, Telnet, SSH, PPoE, IPSec, SNMP, LDAP
- HTTP, HTTPS
- RS232 (DigiBoard), terminals.
- Network routing and ACL filtering (Cisco 2811)
- Network firewalling (PIX 506, ASA 5505)
- Network switch configuration (CISCO 2950)
- Veritas Backup Exec 2010
- Network Design, implementation and maintenance, LAN, WAN, VPN, NAT, PAT
- Web, FTP hosting; Website: design and updates - JOOMLA; Linux hosting; Apache
- Email server management
- Antivirus and anti-spam protection
- System Design, Backup and Recovery
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Publisher
- File-, Print-, Fax- and Application Servers
- Remote control, network monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- User support (on site and remote)
- Encryption algorithms, encryption standards
- Security policies and procedures
- Risk Assessment, Vulnerability and Penetration testing
The candidate must have very good troubleshooting skills with both Windows and Linux OS; LAN and WAN and feel very comfortable with both operating systems.
Microsoft, Cisco, Linux and security certifications would be considered as a definite asset.
If you qualify for this position, please apply today!
Keywords: GTA, Toronto, Etobicoke, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Markham, Scarborough, Mississauga, Brampton, North York, Woodbridge, Milton, Oakville, telecommunications, telecom, telecomm, IT, systems administrator system admin