||Industrial Electrician Cambridge 86308|
The following are the qualifications and requirements for this position. Depending on production needs, please note that the scope and duties of this position may be changed or amended periodically.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and qualified Electrician to join our Maintenance Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the preventative and emergency maintenance of plant equipment in an efficient and safe manner. Additional responsibilities include making recommendations and improvements to plant equipment, facilities and maintenance/production procedures as well as performing minor installations.
Preferred Hiring Criteria:
- Responsible for completing a work schedule in cooperation with departments and the Maintenance/ Production Supervisors/ Maintenance Manager
- Performs all repairs and follows the preventative maintenance schedule thoroughly and accurately to sustain optimal performance of equipment and minimize downtime and costs while in compliance with HACCP rules, JSA’S, SOP’s and other requirements.
- All work performed and completed will require skills such as complete knowledge of Electrical, Electrical Controls, PLC troubleshooting, PLC programming.
- Help associated trades in troubleshooting such as refrigeration, hydraulics, pneumatics, vacuum, plumbing, fabricating and other areas as needed.
- Responsible for trouble shooting of machinery to minimize down time; acts upon an intense sense of urgency to on-floor calls and emergencies.
- Assist qualified Trades with safe operation of the power plant (boiler, etc.)
- Operates the following machinery/equipment in compliance with HACCP, JSA’S and SOPS Hand tools, power tools, welding/cutting equipment and air tools
- Material handling equipment like Power Jack’s/ Fork Lifts/ Pallet Jack/ lifts/ hoists, etc.
- All plant or departmental machinery and equipment as required.
- Ensures that all required documentation is completed correctly and on time. This may include Daily Time Sheets, Pre- operational forms, Preventative Maintenance logs, temperature recording and equipment monitoring, work orders, inventory counts, etc.
- Responsible for house keeping and maintaining a tidy, clean and safe work area on the floor and in the maintenance shop. Follows established cleaning protocols.
- Acts as a liaison for contractors conducting repairs in the Plant.
- Must practice good communication skills with Maintenance Team Members, Production
- Supervisors and Management and all plant associates. Has good teamwork and inter-personal communication skills.
- Responsible for compliance to Health & Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices, Food Safety and Environmental standards at all times.
- Attends all meetings as required
- Performs other duties as required
Must be certified as an Electrician or Interprovincial Red Seal
- Ability to communicate, read and write in English.
- Working knowledge of current electrical code
- Grade 12 Education
- Post secondary education and training/ trade ticket; must hold a valid Industrial Electrician Ticket
- Must have 3 to 5 years of PLC troubleshooting and programming experience in Allen Bradely Controllogix, Compactlogix and Siemens platforms as well as Allen Bradely PanelView Plus HMI screens
- Should have an understanding of Ethernet based networks and IP addressing
- Must have 3 to 5 years experience with AB Variable Frequency Drives, Encoders, Servos and associated software tools for each device
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and ability
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Must be able to work with minimal or no supervision
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Must be willing to work scheduled (day/ afternoon/ night) shifts and weekends
- Must be prepared to work extra overtime hours when required
- Must have excellent work & attendance record
- Must have a minimum of 5 years industrial experience, experience in food processing an asset
- Preferably worked in food industry on high speed packaging equipment
- Able to assist Millwrights with mechanical repairs and installations, have a good all round mechanical aptitude
Health and Safety:
- Demonstrated ability to wear proper PPE and comply
- Adherence with safety requirements and policies eg. Ensures lock out tag out policy adherence is enforced by self and others.
- Frequent twisting, bending, pulling, pushing, crouching, kneeling, walking and heavy lifting are required
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs overhead
- Ensure all procedures are in accordance with Health & Safety legislation, Company Joint Safety Committee programs and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
Communication, Cooperation & Continuous Improvement Skills:
- Ability to communicate read and write in English.
- Knows and understands intermediate math skills
- Interacts and shares information with employees at all levels (Team members, Supervisors, Others). Participates collaboratively in work groups.
- Ensures ongoing communication with supervisory and/or maintenance staff in the event of equipment malfunctioning
- Actively finds new and improved ways of completing tasks. Is willing to try new things and assume additional responsibilities
- Please note that the start times, scope and duties of this position may change periodically
- Must be able to work shifts based on a 24 hour/7 day a week operation
Pay rate is $32 per hour
Depending on production requirements, employees may be assigned alternate duties
Please submit your resume today for consideration.
Keywords: Ontario, ON, Brantford, Cambridge, Burlington, Guelph, Puslich, Ancaster, Waterdown, Milton, Smithville, Grimsby, Mississauga, Kitchener, Waterloo, Haldimand, St. Catherines, Electrical, Electricians, Production Electrician, 309A