||Lab Manager, Forensic Toxicology Edmonton 80676|
||Express Employment Hamilton|
Lab Manager, Forensic Toxicology – Edmonton location!
Our client, one of Canada's largest and most respected providers of laboratory services and solutions, with more than 50 years of experience serving Canadians is looking for a top notch Lab Manager for their Edmonton location.
Here is What You Will Be Doing:
Are you Qualified?
- Effectively and efficiently manage the operations of a new, high volume drug screening lab by:
- Absorbing two weeks of intense orientation and best practices training to be applied when you take over your responsibilities as Lab Manager, Forensic Toxicology.
- Within 60 days of hire be “ready” to become designated as a Responsible Person as outlined by the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) for SAMHSA certified laboratories and as a forensic drug testing laboratory within 90 days of hire have the Lab ready for IITF certification per RTI.
- Coaching your team of 10 lab technicians to full engagement, effective & supportive working relationships and high productivity.
- Reviewing, conducting, providing and maintaining continuing education and training as is relevant for your staff.
- Maintaining a quality system for reporting of all test results and assuring and documenting the validity, reliability, accuracy, precision and performance characteristics of each test.
- Providing guidance and consultation to sales representatives, collection sites, customer service and clients.
- Ensuring your team KPIs (quality, production, cost objectives and budgets) are met including 24hr test result turnaround times, 95% of the time.
- “Pitching in” several times per week performing batch certifications.
- Interfacing with your boss (located in Ontario) once per day delivering accurate, meaningful and comprehensive situation analyses.
- Establish and maintain an effective continuous quality improvement program while maintaining NLCP certification and ensuring appropriate methodologies, SOPs and equipment is in place for optimum departmental functioning.
- Develop annual business plans, adhere to budgets and perform administrative tasks including:
- Compliance reviews
- Customer support
- QC reviews
- Preparation and analysis of departmental reports and statistics.
- BSc. In Biochemistry, Chemistry Biology or similar field.
- Lab oversight 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM Monday to Friday.
- A customer service orientation.
- Competence in lab processes and logistics.
- Demanding yet flexible.
- Performance proud.
- Social – a people environment.
No Phone Calls Please
For this position, please apply on line.
keywords: BioChemist, Chemisy, Biologist, laboratory manager, lab management, AB, Alberta, Sherwood Park, St. Albert, Fort Saskatchewan, Acheson, Spruce Grove, Beaumont, Leduc, Calmar, Devon