||Senior Information Security Consultant Ottawa 72926|
Senior Information Security Consultant
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
We are an international information assurance company headquartered in Canada, and we provide clients with security and risk management consulting services, managed security services, security solution integration, and education services. Our company also maintains an active research and development portfolio, working collaboratively with organizations across Canada and internationally. Through our commitment to quality, research, and knowledge transfer, we deliver innovative and comprehensive information assurance services and solutions that provide value to our clients.
As part of the Professional Services team, the Senior Information Security Consultant plans, organizes, and conducts information security consulting assignments with our customers. The Senior Information Security Consultant also assists clients with development of Information Security strategies, policies, and architectures; performs assessment of the client organization’s information security posture, including processes, policies, and technical assessment; and provides general information security advice and guidance. Responsibilities include collaboration with our other staff to share knowledge and practices to improve organizational practices.
Positions are currently available in the Winnipeg, Regina, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, and Vancouver markets.
- Plan and conduct information security consulting engagements, including technical assessment, strategy development, and security architecture, as well as policy and process analysis
- Work directly with customers, both on development of work plans and execution of consulting engagements
- Engage clients in interviews, surveys, and data collection to perform assessments
- Develop deliverables in accordance with work plans developed collaboratively with clients
- Develop well-written, well-structured, accessible, and useable deliverables, for both client and internal audiences
- Contribute to the ongoing development of knowledge and practices within our company, to enhance our services available to our customers
- Participate in professional development activities, focused on information security, including the pursuit of designations such as CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, or CISM
- Participate in pre-sales discussion with clients when scoping projects
and developing proposals
- Other duties as assigned
Travel may be required.
- Minimum of seven years of information security consulting, or related services,
with a strong technical background
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
- Strong experience in enterprise risk management, security policies and controls, and information security strategy and architecture
- Background in control assessment, as well as technical systems, environments,
- Desire and dedication to pursue relevant professional designations
- Demonstrable ability to ensure that deliverables meet work plan specifications
- Proven ability to manage projects and teams
- Experience communicating with management and executives
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent facilitation and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work to demanding deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently
- High level of motivation to achieve superior results
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks effectively, with attention to detail
- Be a team player who can work effectively in all required situations
Qualified candidates are invited to forward their resume, with references and a covering letter
Only candidates being considered for the role will be contacted.
All candidates will be required to complete security clearance and background checks.
Candidates under consideration may be required to complete a written knowledge examination prior to an interview.
Keywords: Cornwall, Perth, Smiths Falls, Nepean, Kanata, Kemptville, Arnprior, Gatineau, Kingston, Winchester, Hawkesbury, Embrun, STORMONT DUNDAS AND GLENGARRY, Carleton Place, Gloucester, Cumberland, Richmond, Buckingham