||Shop Foreman - Heavy Truck and Equipment - Nights Cambridge 59375|
||Kenworth Toronto Corporate Head Office|
A strategically driven shop servicing Cambridge area requires one Foreman for their established operation. To be successful in this role, you will need a 'fix it right the first time' attitude! If this is you then keep on reading and if this is what you are looking for then please apply today!
This 'hands on' role will encompass all the necessary attributes of a Leader and Technician who can delegate and mentor on an ongoing basis in order to continually raise the level of service. A Journeyman Heavy Equipment Truck would be considered an asset for this role. We are looking for a proficient communicator with computer skills and an affinity for a job well done for this operation.
Our ideal candidate Will be able to monitor and supervise a team of roughly 3 Mechanics and personnel. It is a busy shop dealing with the servicing various types of Trucks for our Lease/Rental customers. The ideal Mechanic will have over 5 years’ experience working in the trade and some recent management exposure. Preference will be given to candidates who have Coach Heavy Truck Mechanic License. Previous experience/training Kenworth or other equipment will be considered a strong asset.
The Diesel Mechanic Foreman will have the following duties/ responsibilities:
- This employee directs job assignments and supervises the efforts of other mechanics in the Fleet Services Garage.
- Responsible for ordering parts and keeping inventory properly stocked.
- Responsible for overseeing up to four technicians and making sure the equipment is repaired in a timely manner and properly.
- Responsible for general day to day operation of vehicle maintenance shop.
- Responsible for repair and maintenance of all company trucks/trailers/forklifts and other company equipment.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Interprets repair manuals and work orders as to properly repair the equipment.
- Responsible for theoverall status of the repair and maintenance of all vehicles and equipment.
Compensation: We offer competitive wages as well as a signing bonus for the right candidate
- Must have experience working on diesel trucks as well as experience as a shop lead man and/or shop foreman.
- Will be able to monitor and supervise a team of roughly 3 Mechanics and personnel.
- This position requires a good working knowledge of all tools and equipment required to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair possible problems that may be experienced with diesel, gasoline engines, both electronic and non-electronic, propane, 2 cycle and transmissions, manual and automatic as well as electronic; vehicle suspensions and braking systems.
- Experience in the heavy truck industry Cummins engine training , CAT engine training or PACCAR MX engine training will be considered assets.
- You will be versatile and have experience working on a wide variety of Heavy Duty Trucks.
- Must be computer literate.
- Responsible for maintaining all documents as required by DOT, company regulations.
- Must have supervisory experience
- Must be capable of lifting 70 lbs.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to read, interpret and comply with all company polices rules, safety manuals and procedures.
- Physical activities include: lifting, turning, twisting, climbing and standing for long periods.
Benefits: Medical Dental Vision Paid holidays and vacations Hourly pay, Benefits/ Health Care and disability coverage is offered as part of our comprehensive benefit package
Please send your Resume
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Keywords: Heavy Duty Truck Mechanic, Heavy Duty Truck Technician, Diesel Mechanic, Diesel Tech, Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic, Journeyman, Red Seal, Mechanics, Trailer Mechanic, 310T, Shop Manager, Foreman, Ontario, ON, Puslinch, New Dundee, Kitchener, Waterloo, Guelph, Brantford, Ayr, Flamborough, Sheffield, Westover, Ancaster, Hamilton, Breslau, Woodstock, Waterdown, Burlington