The Regional Purchaser is a support role for the daily purchasing requirements for the Eastern Washington Region. The primary responsibility is to review the Purchase Orders (PO) and deem whether products need to be ordered or transferred. This position will allow branches to move toward being in line with Convoy’s commitment to maintain accurate and reasonable levels of inventory by following our best practices procedures.
We’re looking for an analytical, fact-checking professional who is confident in supplier negotiations, and who wants to help us expand our fast-growing business. This position will be reporting to the Spokane branch, located at 3919 N. Sullivan Road.
- Analyze each Purchase Order (PO) or transfer and ensure it is following our best practices with regards to inventory management
- Forecast product needs for branch location, winter buys, product bookings, new product lines
- Review all open POs weekly and scrutinize any outstanding POs
- Along with the Branch Manager(s), review and identify dead stock and alleviate stocking issues
- Facilitate and aid the Spokane location in the preparation work for partial and full inventory counts
- Plan, in collaboration with the Regional Manager, a cycle count schedule
- To act as backup support for other branches as required
- Develop and maintain an open dialogue with your fellow co-workers. Support them and build an open communication style with everyone you work alongside. This will allow you to address any issues and enable you to receive buy-in, and allow you to confidently ask for assistance when required
- Perform all required tasks with 100% compliance
- Attention to detail
- Familiar with Excel
- English written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solver
- Able to interact with colleagues to both gain and share pricing information
- Customer focused problem-solver
- 3 years experience working in a construction or building materials environment would be an asset
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare – we offer multiple options, and Convoy picks up a generous portion for single, couple or family coverage
- Insurance benefits and employee assistance program
- 401K – save for retirement with a traditional 401K account or Roth 401K – you are eligible after 90 days of employment and Convoy matches a portion of your contribution
- Time Off – Everyone needs time away from work to recharge and be with family and friends
- Employee referral bonus program
- Paid training/tuition reimbursement – Ready to further your education?
- Open door policy in a supportive and encouraging work environment
- Overtime available in peak periods
- Internal Promotions
- Convoy can be a job… or a career. Find out more at https://www.convoy-supply.com/careers/overview
Convoy Supply, founded in 1972, is a leading wholesale distributor of construction materials with 40 locations in the US and Canada. Team Convoy prides itself on being the most responsive, problem solving and fun place for our customers to conduct business.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Convoy Supply Inc. provides job opportunities to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, familial or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws. All candidates for employment must successfully complete pre-employment drug testing and background verification before employment is finalized.