If you know anything about the construction business, then you know that getting the right products to the right site, on-time and safely, are the benchmarks of success. It is both challenging AND rewarding work. We want folks with great people skills on our team, because in the end – people make all the difference.
We’re looking for self-sufficient, motivated CDL drivers for our Portland location on NW Yeon Avenue, who want to help us expand our fast-growing business in Portland.
- You take pride in accuracy. You will be diligent about safely delivering building products to job-sites and customers.
- You believe a safe truck is important for you and those who share the road with you, so you conduct daily vehicle inspections and accurately complete related documentation, as well as advise management of any equipment issues or safety hazards
- You assist our warehouse and yard staff in loading and un-loading trucks, thereby gaining knowledge about our goods and services.
- Passionate about great service & teamwork
- Prefer a minimum of 3 years driving experience
- Dedicated to safety, on and off the road
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Class A/B Driver’s License and clean CVOR abstract
- NCCCO Crane Operators License
- Experience in the construction/roofing business would be an asset
- Ability to drive trucks with a manual transmission
- Physically able to complete job tasks such as climbing ladders, pulling and throwing tarps, lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Pride in being on time, self-sufficient, and able to provide knowledgeable, excellent customer service
- Ability to pass a Criminal Background check
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare – we offer multiple options and pick up a generous amount for single, couple or family coverage
- Insurance benefits and employee assistance program
- 401K – save for retirement with a traditional 401K account or Roth 401K – we match a portion of your contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Bonus Program
- Paid training/tuition reimbursement – Ready to further your education?
- Open door policy in a supportive and encouraging work environment
- Overtime available in peak periods
- Internal Promotions
We recognize and practice safe working procedures with respect to COVID-19; employees must comply with the standard set for infectious disease control.
Founded in 1972, we are a leading wholesale distributor of construction materials with over 40 locations across North America. We pride ourselves on being the most responsive, problem solving and fun place for our customers to conduct business.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, we provide job opportunities to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, familial or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws. A
ll candidates for employment must successfully complete pre-employment drug testing and background verification before employment is finalized.