Outside Sales Representative
The successful candidate will analyze the current database and identify potential customers to add new product offerings to their lineup. Then working closely with the Inside Sales team, consider all the information, create and present the USP to our customers. These existing customers are new business development for Building Envelope. Be aware of the market conditions; pricing, competition, competitor products, customer credit risks, etc.
- Proactively develop new accounts by cold calling and in-person visits with potential clients
- Maintain all accounts
- Achieve all established sales targets while working in a team environment
- Utilize in-house proprietary software for quotations and orders
- Maintain customer information in Salesforce
- Work proactively with Inside Sales Representatives to maximize profitability for each client and enhance overall relationship
- Work with Regional Branch and Commercial Sales Managers to ensure accuracy and correct fulfilment of orders
- Identify market trends, and maintain awareness of competitive activity within walls and foundation sector
- Develop and maintain customer relationships with a focus on customer service
- Provide technical support
- Provide project quotations on a timely basis and maintain project files and quotation follow-up
- Develop relationships in the construction industry, focusing on contractors and subcontractors
- Make architectural and consultant calls
- Conduct job site visits consistently
- Interact regularly with our major suppliers and keep up to date on all products
- Proactively understand activities of competition and continually evaluate marketing, pricing, and selling strategies
- Minimum 2 years of sales experience, preferably in the building construction materials
- Written and spoken English proficiency required
- Spoken French an asset
- Driven and self-motivated to work independently
- Proficient computer skills: Word, Excel, MS Outlook, Salesforce
- Ability to read and understand construction specifications, drawings and technical data
- Able to make cold calls and always looking for new sales opportunities within assigned territory
- Excellent communication skills and confidence; must be able to connect with customers to schedule appointments, discuss new products and pricing
- Work with other team members to ensure excellent customer service
- Provide accurate quotes and orders and ensure excellent customer service for billing, payment, and delivery services
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmark state-of-the-art practices; participate in professional societies
- Able to work flexible hours beyond normal branch office hours in order to make contact with contractors. Need to be accessible and responsive to the requests of customers
- Able to travel, have a valid driver’s licence and clean driving record
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions whether in written, oral, diagram or schedule format
- Possess basic computer knowledge including Customer Relationship Management - databases, Microsoft Office and Excel
- Bilingual seen as an asset
- Competitive salary - we take great pride in offering our workforce the best benefits and compensation packages in our industry, and we think you will too.
- Healthcare – we offer multiple options and a generous amount for single, couple or family coverage
- Insurance benefits and employee assistance program
- 401K – save for retirement with a traditional 401K account or Roth 401K – you are eligible after 90 days employment and we match a portion of your contribution
- Time Off – Everyone needs time away from work to recharge and be with family and friends - receive a generous amount of paid holidays
- Referral Bonus Program
- Paid training/tuition reimbursement – Ready to further your education?
- Open door policy in a supportive and encouraging work environment
- Overtime available in peak periods
- Internal Promotions
Founded in 1972, we are a leading wholesale distributor of construction materials with over 40 locations across North America. We pride ourselves on being the most responsive, problem solving and fun place for our customers to conduct business.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, we provide job opportunities to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, familial or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
All candidates for employment must successfully complete pre-employment drug testing and background verification.