We are seeking a dentist for our clinic in Valparaiso, Indiana (IN), USA. Our clinics primarily serve the uninsured, under served, Medicare and Medicaid patients along with the general population.
We offer the following:
- Starting Base Salary of $140,000 annually for new graduate dentists (Compensation increases with experience and is negotiable)
- Full benefits package
- Additional benefits to be discussed and provided during interview
As a Dentist, you will be responsible for comprehensive dental care and treatment of your patients. This position will work closely with the dental staff and will report to the Chief Dental Officer.
- Provides routine and emergency dental services, including diagnosis and treatment plans, general restorative procedures, crown and bridge construction, removable prosthetics, uncomplicated endodontics and minor oral surgery.
- Initiates and interprets x-ray and lab studies.
- Administers and prescribes anesthetics and medications.
- Refers patients for specialty care to other clinic programs or outside agencies as appropriate.
- Supervises Dental Assistant and Dental Hygienist.
- Conducts follow-up patient care.
- Provides dental and oral health education to patients and families.
- Assists in reviewing clinic productivity, scheduling procedures, and establishing guidelines for care and treatment.
- Teaches and trains patients and staff on illness prevention.
- Assists with in-service and on-going training of clinic staff.
- Builds relationships and fosters a high level of customer service.
- Manages difficult clients and patients, demonstrating interpersonal savvy and influence skills.
- Exercises professional judgment in the performance of services provided consistent with the organization’s policies and the standards of the dental profession.
- Demonstrates high degree of knowledge and competency in the practice of dentistry and associated charting requirements.
- Performs assigned dental tasks using high level of skills and ability.
- Utilizes computers for data entry and information retrieval with proficiency.
- Utilizes and monitors effectiveness and efficiency of all equipment and supplies used in the delivery of services.
- Implements and evaluates operational and administrative processes.
- Engage in quality improvement initiatives that align with and support Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Dentistry with appropriate licensure to practice in Indiana
- At least 1 year of experience in not-for profit environment (not required but highly preferred)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in interpreting and applying appropriate Dental laws and regulations
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Operate a multi-line phone system and other office equipment including printers, fax machines, etc.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Media Dent/Intergy or other dental software, online sources, etc.)
- All assigned Relias trainings