We are a leading manufacturer of coil-tube steam and hot-water boilers and related equipment used in industrial, commercial and institutional applications in North America. The company also provides best-in-class parts and maintenance services to its installed base, delivered through a robust team of factory-trained technicians. With a comprehensive product and service offering, we function as a one-stop shop for all of our customers’ steam and heating requirements.
We currently operates out of our main facility in Aurora, ON, and maintain separate offices in Cincinnati, OH Jacksonville, FL and Ottawa, ON.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project.
- Responsible for the store's processes and team.
- Customer contract administration (“Clean Order” – Hand off from Sales - Thermo & Fulton)
- Review orders and generate new order specification sheet(Sales Proposal/Costing/PO)
- Host New Order Kickoff Meeting between MFG, Sales, Service
- Manage Revisions & /distribution of New Order Specification Sheet (internally)
- Track project performance. Meet budgetary objectives and make recommendations to adjust project constraints based on financial analysis. Manage risk and project related issues. Evaluate and assess result of project
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Report and escalate to management as needed. Present to stakeholders reports on progress as well as problems and solutions
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders (post order). Liaise between customer, sales, and plant operations
- Negotiate change order opportunities with clients, cost reduction opportunities with vendors, and alter commercial opportunities to improve project margins and protect Promise Kept.
- Designs, maintains, owns and continuously improves the detailed manufacturing schedule.
- Communication of short-term and long term schedule.
- Coordinates personnel and resource requirements within manufacturing to ensure proposed schedules can be met. The role will ensure alignment with all Quality compliance, process requirements, readiness, timeline and revenue commitments, including asset availability to ensure schedule adherence and maximize efficiency and asset utilization.
- Ensures that all KPI’s, metrics, and commitments are being managed and issues resolved in a timely manner to aide overall success for the group.
- Partners with manufacturing to schedule preventive maintenance, corrective/general maintenance, and CAPEX activities.
- Oversee Stores personnel and daily operations. Develop strategies to increase productivity.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
(To be successful in this position, it is desired that you have some (or all) of the following)
- 5+ years’ experience Program Management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work proactively with little supervision
- Flexible and adaptive to a frequently changing environment
- Taking and giving constructive feedback
- Strong project management, leadership, and organizational skills
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies
- Experience as a construction project manager, IT project manager, or ERP project manager
- Budget management experience
- Close attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Intermediate level ability with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience in the boiler industry, servicing commercial industrial boilers
- Working knowledge of boilers and related equipment
- Experience with Lean and Continuous Improvement tools and techniques
- Post-secondary diploma in a related field and/or some business training/education
Why Join Us?
- Full-time role (3 month probationary period)
- Competitive compensation package, variable pay
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching 2x employee contribution (up to 4% of base salary)
- Co-pay Benefit Plan that includes coverage for employee and spousal life insurance, AD&D, short and long term disability, hospital, prescription drugs, healthcare, and dental care
- Continuous learning opportunity
- Professionally managed with a friendly, family-like culture
- Family culture including volunteerism, Christmas party, golf tournament, BBQs and more
- Team approach to learning and sharing opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities; accommodations are available upon request for those who are selected to proceed with the interview process.