We are currently seeking outgoing and professional Outside Sales - Sales Manager for the GTA, with a focus on residential construction.
The successful candidate will maintain Convoy’s high standards of integrity and service in the building materials industry. This role is responsible for developing and maintaining long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with builders, contractors, and consumer clients.
- Must be able to accurately read and interpret blueprints, and to effectively use electronic software and systems (Salesforce, etc.) to quote, sell and order products for customers
- Must be comfortable calling on job sites and talking to General Contractor's or Project Manager’s
- Local travel within the regional area of the working branch. Must have a valid driver's license and driving history in compliance with company policy
- Ideally will spend approximately 80% of time prospecting, and communicating with potential or current customers
- Acquire new clients through prospecting, networking, and calling on job sites within the assigned territory
- Responsible for all field activity among assigned, prospected, and converted accounts, including customer relations, product application and stability, product sales and delivery, service and product installation instruction and collections
- Ensure quotes and orders are accurate and follow's company sales processes. Ensures customer issues (i.e. service, billing or payment, delivery, etc.) are addressed promptly
- Assist in providing prompt delivery by effectively understanding and communicating appropriate product lead times and accurate customer need dates
- Inform customers of business changes such as product offering, pricing, or assembly options
- Participate in various departmental and interdepartmental training as required
- Excellent communication skills must be able to connect with customers
- Provide reports on customers and projects in your territory as requested by management
- Able to work flexible hours beyond regular branch office hours to make contact with contractors
- Be accessible and responsive to the requests of customers
- Must possess basic computer knowledge including Customer Relationship Management data bases, Microsoft Office (Excel) and Salesforce
• 2-3 years of experience in a sales role, preferably in the construction industry, which includes:
o business development activities including prospecting and networking for potential clients
o visiting jobsites for specifications, products (must be physically fit)
o meeting with installers for potential clients
- Solid understanding of the Commercial Roofing and siding/construction industry
- Previous commercial/residential roofing sales experience
- Able to travel, have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to read and understand construction specifications, drawings, and technical data
- Able to make cold-calls and always looking for new sales opportunities within assigned territory
- Excellent communication skills and confidence; must be able to connect with customers to schedule appointments, discuss new products and pricing
- Work with other team members to ensure excellent customer service
- Provide accurate quotes and orders and ensure excellent customer service for billing, payment, and delivery services
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; review professional publications; establish personal networks; benchmark state-of-the-art practices; participate in professional societies
- Able to work flexible hours beyond normal branch office hours in order to make contact with contractors. Need to be accessible and responsive to the requests of customers
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions whether in written, oral, diagram or schedule format
- Proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in English
- Competitive salary - we take great pride in offering our workforce the best benefits and compensation packages in our industry, and we think you will too.
- Healthcare and Dental for single, couple or family coverage
- Insurance benefits and employee assistance program
- Group RRSP – save for retirement – you are eligible after 1 year of continuous employment and Convoy matches your contribution based on years of service
- Time Off – Everyone needs time away from work to recharge and be with family and friends - receive a generous amount of paid holidays
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Paid training/tuition reimbursement – Ready to further your education?
- Open door policy in a supportive and encouraging work environment
- Overtime available in peak periods
- Internal Promotions
Convoy can be a job… or a career. Find out more at
Convoy Supply, founded in 1972, is a leading wholesale distributor of construction materials with over 40 locations across North America. Convoy prides itself on being the most responsive, problem solving and fun place for our customers to conduct business.